Saturday, July 07, 2007

Staff week & girls and boys camp #1

So i'm back home from my second week at camp medley this year...the first week was staff training and included lots of team building things to help the staff to get to know each other and work together as a team.Also there was a lot of talks to do with various things that will help us along the summer. overall it was a great week, challanging and streaching, but good. i cam hom on friday from staff week tired but excited for the weeks to come.

this last week was girls and boys camp. so there are ages 7-11 or 12. so it can be an interessting mix of maturity. campers that a very young for there age and campers that are more mature than the majority. i was in dinning hall which was an absolute blast! well all except that one insedent....

we finnaly got the industrail dish washer working and i went to open the soap and it splashed up into my eyes..so i go to rinse my eyes out..but they burn like you have no idea..so someone goes to read the lable of the soap..turns out that i got sodium hydroxide in my eyes...which is those of you that don't know is the strongest corrosive...and it was also chlorinated..so after a few more mins of flushing out my eyes and franticly searching you my medicare card..i become the first emergence trip to the hospital of the year.if you want to know more about the funny expericne of my trip to the hospital than give me a ring. any way..because i flushed my eyes out so well it didn't have a chance to burn or corrode my eyes and therefor my vision is not affected..right now i'm just very sensitive to light and have a constant burning feeling in and around my left eye ( the right got less in it) and i have little blisters on my face and chemical burns. haha. it's kinda funny to me now after i'm getting over the shock.


uhh..there will be more later..but i got to got do laundry.

No comments: