Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Granola bars float. My morning in the sticks

So my plan for the day was to go up to oak point and pick some strawberries to make so cash.So my dad drove me up cause he had to do a funeral anyway, but we were running really late and we couldn't find the place i was looking for. But missing out on the strawberries was the least of my worries...My dad was getting really late so we were going 120 and passing trucks in no passing places. It could of been more scary but i've gotten used to it over the years haha. Any way we can't find the place so my dad drops me off at the end of the road in oak point and says see ya later.so i pace around trying to get a signal on the cell phone to call my friend genna who lives a couple miles down the road. No answer.So i start walking. To where?how far?for what reason? None of those i can answer but i just walk. i thought about hitchinking home but then i realised that there were practically no cars anyway.as i'm walking over a little bridge i realise that i don't have to walk on the road..so i hop the gard rail and wade into the creek.the water was beautiful so i keep walking promising myself that i won't go past my knees..2 feet later i'm so far in the brush that i can't see the road any more..we've all heard the saying "curiosity killed the cat".well in theis case the cat got very wet.but soaked to the bone i keep walking and thats when i find it ..the perfect place. It was a fallen tree over the river and it was calling my name to come sit on it. So i climb onto then eat my lunch..Granola bars float.Then i was so tired that i decided to have a nap. So i lie down on the tree hoping that i don't roll in to the water. Evebtually i think it's time to go back but a tree that special can't me nameless so i name him mortimer and i name the tree beside him ursala so he won't be lonely. heading back i see it..another wonderful tree.it was a perfect climbing tree that leans out over the water. i had to practcally swim to get to it but i was worth it. And of course a tree this wonderful but have a name but not just a first name but a last name also..Mr Harvey F. Wentworth. yes tha is what i named the tree.so then i climb back onto the road and stick out my thumb..the car that i saw in the distance turned out to be my father..he thought i knew it was him haha.

No comments: