Thursday, April 13, 2006

there's a rock in my shoe


Well if i had to sum up my day in one sentence it would be "Once again there's a rock in my shoe."All day i've been walking around with a stupid little rock that got stuck in my shoe when walking.And all day i keep planning to take of my shoe and shake it out, but then i wonder what if someone sees? would look kinda odd? and what if my feet stink? so all day i continued to put up with this stupid little rock ,but by the end of the day it didn't feel quite so little any more .The rock itself hadn't grown but i noticed it more and it hurt more and more every time i walked. Then it hit me this is how i've been living -carring a stupid little rock afraid to deal with it because i might make a fool of my self in the process. but every day, every hour ,each step of this life i take the rock gets heavier sharper and more painful. I've made my self hold on to it for so long that it feels as if i can't get rid of it. so this blog is my attemped at taking off my shoes turing them upside down and shaking the stupid little rocks out. When i'm done i'll put them back one and start my walk again but next time i'll know to get the rock out before it starts hurting.
-hodge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you --i feel it - we are beautiful